Every year during the Labor day weekend we visit Yellowstone! This year we procrastinated calling in for cabin/camp site reservations. The only thing available was a camp site in Grant Village. The past years we have stayed in a cabin because our girls are small and such terrible sleepers. This year we decided to toughen it out and stay in a tent. Berry got us an awesome new tent, new blow up mattress/cot, new warm sleeping bags and new camp chairs. We were set and excited to try really "camping" this year! Well that excitement was completely obliterated the very first night! Berry and I were brutally reminded why we always stay in cabins. Our girls were horrible! They are terrible sleepers at home, so I have know idea what we were thinking. Our vacation was no vacation at all, we were so exhausted and ornery! We came home a day early and both felt that for the most part it wasn't worth it. What a sad feeling to have at a fun, very much looked forward vacation. But to end on a happy note, here are a few fun pictures I managed to take during the trip and Berry and I have already started planing how to make next years trip super fun, cabins, needless to say is #1 on our check list.

On our way, Eliza is being 'Oh,so helpful!' reading us the map.

Isabeau as you can see just chill'n like a vill'n


Yum Yum SMORES!


These were pretty much the only animals we saw! I bet the cold kept most the animals away.




Eliza being a lamb with her leash. I put her on this leash at the sites and so many people looked at me like I was some psycho mom. Whatever-at least my kid wasn't going to run off and accidentally fall off a cliff or waterfall, or have something else horrible happen like get lost. So there, to all you judging eyes!!

"Sleepy Head"





It snowed, luckily on the night we were leaving!


Looks like it was a little chilly :( Its so miserable when it's cold, especially with high maintenance babies. Yuck. Your pics are cute though! It looks like you at least got to see some cool stuff! If you came with us, you would have seen GRIZZLIES!! But than again, I highly doubt Beau & Lou would have been okay with sitting in the back of a truck with binoculars for 3 hours.... :) Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteDoes Barry know you are rocking Justin Bieber on your blog? Just thought I would ask.
ReplyDelete